Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Since I'm the Queen of doing things other than what I *should* be doing....

I decided to start this blog. It is entitled "Blahby Blahby Boring," which is an inside joke between me and my sister. It is also bound to be a self-fulfilling title since I have no idea if what I have to say is in the least bit entertaining, interesting, or otherwise worthwhile. I also have an aversion to putting my thoughts down on paper (much less posted for the world to see on the internet) but I have way too much going on in my life right now, and instead of letting everything run circles in my head, I'll let it run here!

What, you may ask, do I have going on right now? Well, lessee....

1. My boyfriend Devon and I just bought a house that needs some (not just minor) work before we move in on the 28th of March. Come back soon for updates (and hopefully pics) on the progress of that ginormous task! I'd like to find a remodeling or decorating contest to enter, so if anyone knows of one or hears of one, please lemme know!

2. I am in the process of trying to talk my boss into letting me work 32 hours a week instead of 40. I like where I work, I really do, but right now I AM SO BORED. Plus, having been recently diagnosed with a type of arthritis that affects my hip, I need time for the myriad doctor appointments, treatments, physical therapy, and work outs that will help me get better so that I don't have to be on medication forever (I'm only 30). I see win-win: He gets to pay me less and still gets the same amount of work out of me, while I get the time I need to focus on my health. Hopefully he will see it the same way and agree to it. That would make me SO HAPPY!!

3. I am planning on taking art courses at Austin Community College this fall (maybe summer, if I can work things out that soon). In order to do that, I need to pay off an old debt to a school (Master of Business Administration courses - bleh!) so I can get that transcript, as well as get my car paid off so that I only have to work part-time while I go to school.

4. One ultimate goal is to get my business, Cormorant Studios, up and running. In the beginnings, this will probably just be a small Etsy shop (do you etsy? I love etsy!) featuring some of the things I make. Cormorant Studios is still in the development stages, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time hashing out my million-and-one ideas for it (at least not on this post).

5. I accepted a part-time job today, scoring essays online. It starts at the end of April and will last for about 6 weeks. At the end of it, I should have enough money to pay off my car, or to mostly pay it off. It might make for some long weeks, but I'll be doing it from home so it shouldn't be too bad.

Those are the big, bulleted goals in my life right now. Of course there are a zillion others in the back of my mind, and if you know me at all, you know I have a ton of ideas about things I want to do/make/be. But those will have to come into play later while I focus more on these. Anyway, please feel free to leave me some comments! But don't fear, I endeavor to write even if no one else is listening!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a lovely blog name :o) What does your company name mean

CoffellC said...

I like!