Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In Triplicate....

Do you believe bad things come in 3's? I guess when something bad happens it is easy to look in other areas of your life to find other things that aren't going so well. But right now, I can think of 3 seriously bad things that have happened to me just in the past two months:
1. I was diagnosed with spondyloarthritis.
2. I was let go from my job (soon after we closed on a new house - we haven't even made the first mortgage payment yet).
3. I had to say goodbye to my Smokey.
Of all these, the last is the one that is the real kicker, the one that really hurts, and the one I can't do anything about. After being diagnosed with the spondyloarthritis in early February, I was so determined to get healthy so I could regain my energy and my joie de vivre. And last week, even after my boss let me go, I was very positive about new job opportunities. I was even a little excited about my plan to find a couple part-time jobs to work. But today, everything seems dark and dreary. How do I keep my head high?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's ok to be dreary when you loose someone you love. You can't get past it unless you go through it.

CoffellC said...

One step at a time...one day at a time...

Take time to grieve...for your health, for your job, for your Smokey...and then move onward.