Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekly find!

I found something really great this week & I really like it, so I thought I'd share...

Kombucha. I love the stuff! Fermented green tea, seems kinda weird, I know. I bought two bottles of the Synergy brand - Mystic Mango and Multi-Green - to try them out. I sipped the Mystic Mango first, it's a fizzy, slightly-sour citrus taste. Not horrible, I thought. Then I tried the Multi-Green: fizzy, slightly sour, green tasting... I took another sip, and another, and I was sold. This product has all kinds of healthy-sounding stuff in it: active enzymes, antioxidants, and probiotics. As well, there are all kinds of supposed health benefits -- digestion, immune system, appetite & weight control, healthy skin & hair, just to name a few! Who knows if it can really help all those things, but I can tell you that I've only been drinking it for 3 days and it makes me feel great! I could almost give up coffee! But don't worry, I never would. Still, it's my new go-to drink of choice in the afternoon when I want something other than water. Plus, since it's fermented, it "might contain" a small amount (less than 0.5%) of alcohol. Drinking at work is sweet! So, I definitely recommend trying this. It was $2.99 per 16oz bottle (2 servings per bottle) where I bought it. Hey, that's cheaper than Starbucks!

No comments: