Sunday, August 17, 2008

Un-motivated

I've been feeling so unmotivated this past week. It ended up kind of rainy all weekend, so I'm going to blame it on the weather, rather than feeling guilty about it. I must share my grilled sweet potato dessert recipe, though:

peel one sweet potato, cut it into quarters
put the quarters on a square of foil
drop 1 tablespoon of butter and 3 tablespoons brown sugar in the middle of the potato quarters
wrap the potato in the foil and/or make a pouch
put it on the grill (or in the oven at 350 degrees) for about an hour, till it's all soft
remove from heat and let it stand about 30 minutes, then put the sweet potato quarters into a bowl with some of the syrup that's at the bottom of the foil pouch. Top with chopped pecans or walnuts, and vanilla ice cream too if you want.

I've decided that sweet potatoes make fabulous dessert foods, and besides, they're better for ya than most other desserts!

No comments: