Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hot, hot 'dog days' of summer

Why do they call it that anyhow? I'm gonna have to go google it now... Anyway, feeling so hot and lazy today that almost all I can bear to do is sip a cool virgin mock mojito (crushed mint leaves with lime seltzer water) in front of the fan. I have tons to do, but just can't focus in this heat! Everything keeps getting put off until 'next weekend' but I know that soon, my schedule will be too packed to do it all. Such are the rhythms of late summer, I suppose (though here in TX you might deem August to be merely mid-summer). I did get this little necklace made, and am quite proud of it. Am not yet sure if this exact one will be for sale...



And obviously, forgive the bad photo. Am still playing with my camera and my homemade lightbox. So many things to do!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I don't think the photo is that bad. It's a really pretty necklace - it looks like the ones you see in those fancy boutiques or something :o)