Monday, August 25, 2008

And there goes August...

(cute doggies make it better)

Not too long ago I was lamenting the end of July and now, there goes August.... how does it go so quickly! Well my personal theory on it is that our scheduled, regimented lives prevent us from really observing & digesting & reflecting on our days. Weekdays: get up, get ready, feed the animals, grab coffee, slam bam, rush to work... work all day, run an errand, rush home, get dinner on the stove, do some chores, sack out in front of the TV. Go to bed, sleep fitfully, get back up, rinse, repeat. Friday nights, stay up later so you can relax a little bit more, maybe go out, hang out with friends, whatever. Weekend: sleep in, run all your errands you didn't get done during the week, do some more chores, try to recover from last week and prepare for next week, maybe fit something fun in, then it's Sunday night again, get ready for the upcoming week, go to bed, can't sleep, etc. etc. Ack! It all turns into one big blur. When do we ever get a chance to slow down and actually experience and live what we are doing? Right now I'm working part time so it's great to be able to take the time to actually 'be' in the moment. 3-day weekends are the best invention ever. I feel like I have time to truly enjoy activities (and even errands!) without feeling rushed and stressing out about getting there on time and getting back on time. I have time to pursue non-work activities that I enjoy, and I know that these activities truly make me a better person... more positive, more active, both mentally and physically, and definitely healthier all around. I pretty much dread having to work full-time again. I'll have to learn how to hold onto my experiences once I'm rushing around trying to fit everything into the week again....

No comments: