Thursday, April 3, 2008

A typical day, as of lately....

Now that I'm temporarily unemployed, even though I'm enjoying the time 'off', I am also struggling with establishing a schedule and trying to feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day. Of course a lot of my time has been spent at the house, trying to get it ready for our move-in. Today I'll be doing some painting over there, and perhaps some light cleaning as well - it's unbelievable how much dust has been kicked up and tracked all over the place! I asked my dad if building a new house was so dirty and dusty, and he said no. So that seals the deal, next time we will just build new! lol! (I wish!)

Anyhow, a typical day is now comprised of waking around 9am (although the cats would love it if I stayed in bed longer but I told them I can't be as lazy as they are) and immediately making some 'coffee' in my Bialetti stovetop espresso maker. Then I'll get online and check email and apply for jobs and maybe read a couple personal finance blogs. After I 'wake up' enough I ponder the rest of the day: run an errand or two, do some stretching or maybe hit the gym (which I actually have yet to do, since working at the house has been serving as my 'workout' lately), what will I cook for dinner... all this usually gets me to about lunchtime, at which point I will get ready and make a bit of food and then be on my way to whatever I've decided I have to do that day. Evenings usually include cooking and watching some Star Trek Voyager episodes from Netflix. Bed around 9:30ish, sleep, rinse and repeat.

1 comment:

CoffellC said...

When I'm off for the summer I have the same problem. I have to make lists of what I intend to accomplish for each day. I even list the teeniest detail. If I don't I'll play on the 'puter all day or read all day and then I'm disappointed with myself for wasting a day!