Monday, June 30, 2008

today: better

Even for a Monday, today was far better than yesterday! huzzah. I did squirt dish liquid in my eye (on accident, duh). That freaking stings. But I also got other stuff done: made tomato sauce to freeze, blanched yellow squash to freeze, and washed peaches that I got at the farmer's market. Tomorrow I'll slice them and freeze them. I'm also going to make a Viennese cucumber salad tomorrow, and need to figure out what to do with the green bell peppers I got. I'm trying to get most of my produce at the farmer's market, not because it's cheaper (cause it really ain't), but to support local farms and try to eat in season. I'm becoming quite a little homemaker!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad today is better.

CoffellC said...

We'll be calling you Suzy any day now!