Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm still alive!

I have been mostly ignoring my blog lately, but it's giving me a guilt trip so I have to try and pay more attention to it. It's been so busy lately, trying to get the house finished-enough for our party. And I'm a perfectionist so finished-enough isn't nearly perfect enough! But, our party took place on Saturday, and I just told everyone "Anything that isn't perfect, just pretend it is!" and they complied (or maybe they were just too drunk). So, it was a success! I neglected to take any pics, though....sigh...for some reason, I like to photograph nature and landscapes and things but when it comes to people/parties/family stuff, I always forget the camera. I guess, people get upset with bad pics but I've never had a complaint from a mountain or a tree or a waterfall!

Anyway, so it's the beginning of June and as of next week I will be working for the Travis Audubon Society! I will be the volunteer coordinator/office assistant but hopefully a grant is coming in that will launch me into the Volunteer Manager role. Yippee! I was dying to work for a non-profit and I'm extremely excited about this opportunity! I get to do something that feels good, and I can honestly say that my job is "for the birds"!

I've got some big goals for June and the rest of the summer, one of which is the paying-more-attention-to-my-blog goal, so keep comin' back!

No comments: