Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Zero tolerance policy

Any time I see a blade of grass in my garden now, I yell "Out, out, damned weed!" I'm not exactly sure when regular old turf grass became a 'weed' in my book... but really, as far as plants go, there are much nicer and much more beneficial and productive plants. Ya know. Some of which I'll learn about when I start my Habitat Stewards training tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a picture of the cardboarded lawn that I promised. We're trying a small patch around the existing garden bed, to see how it works.


And here is a picture of my spectacularly spooky headless girl:


I was considering putting some kind of birdfeeder on top, a saucer or tray, or a bowl, wouldn't it be great to see the birds eating out of it? But I also just like her sitting there, watching us... er... y'know....

No comments: